Buku refund Policy
Due to the nature of pre-planning, Buku Events has a no refund policy.
- Medical – Player will receive a full refund only with Doctors Note
- Player Conflict – Player/Team will receive a credit towards a future event (30 days out)
- Travel Conflict – Player/Team will receive a credit towards a future event (30 days out)
- If Buku Cancels a division – Full refund
- If Tournament is cancelled due to Covid – Full refund
- If a situation occurs that is beyond the control of Buku credits will be assessed on a case by case scenario.
Buku Events is offering teams weather insurance for each event. In case there is a weather cancellation to the tournament where we cannot play (rain, etc.) we will refund your team’s payment in full. Purchase Weather Insurance for only $200 per team during registration. Click here.
In the event of inclement weather or unplayable field conditions, Buku reserves the right to:
- Reduce games to catch up with the schedule
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve the fields
- Reschedule games, if possible
- Convert tournament to “Festival” format without playoffs or championships to provide most teams an opportunity to play as many games as possible
Every attempt will be made to update the changes and cancellations on the website. However, the weather can change rapidly, and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as the weather clears, and fields are playable. Should a tournament be on hold due to weather, the tournament organizer will send text messages/emails via the tourney machine app and LeagueApps registration system. We HIGHLY recommend that all club directors, coaches and parents download this app on their phone and check their emails so they can have the most up to date information.
If lightning is observed at any location:
- play will be suspended immediately, and all teams must leave fields as quickly as possible. The safest location for people to relocate is in their cars.
- Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sight of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress:
- If it is the second half of the game, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded
- If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half
- Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time.
If the start of the second half of the suspended games delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions may occur:
- The game suspended will play one 20 minute running time second half
- Subsequent games will begin immediately after proceeding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game) These games will consist of two 20 minute running halves until games are back on schedule
- Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 23 minute running time periods (20 minutes if there are playoff games)
We will make every attempt to play event minute of every game but the safety of players and all tournament attendees comes first.
NO REFUNDS will be granted if these actions are necessary after the start of the tournament
Facility owners, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather and field conditions
If the tournament is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a partial refund or credit may be issued. Final determination of refund amount will be on an event-by-event basis. All events have fixed expenses related to field rental and facilities, set-up costs, insurance, personnel, and other matters regardless of cancelation due to weather. Accordingly, no teams will receive full refunds of the registration fee if the tournament is canceled.
Refund Request Form
Please fill out and submit a Refund Request Form via email and obtain a valid Medical Document if the request is due to injury. Credit requests may take up to 30 days to process.